Personal data is information about you and from which you can be identified. We collect personal data that you provide to us via our website, such as your name, email address, and contact number.
- Our identity and contact details
- The purpose and legal basis of processing
- The legitimate interests we refer to in section 2 above include
- The right to withdraw consent
- The period for which data will be stored or the criteria used to determine this period
- You have a right to access your personal data processed by TDM
- The right to complain to a supervisory authority
1. Our identity and contact details
- “The Daily Mile Foundation (registered charity number 1166911, Hawkslease, Chapel Lane, Lyndhurst, Hampshire SO43 7FG) (“TDM“).”
- If you wish to write to The Daily Mile Foundation, if you have queries or wish to exercise your data protection rights, please attention you letter to the following address: The Daily Mile Foundation, Hawkslease, Chapel Lane, Lyndhurst, Hampshire SO43 75G or, alternately, you can email us at [email protected].
2. The purpose and legal basis of processing
The purpose of processing personal data includes matters, such as:
- to communicate with you in relation to your school’s participation in our programme;
- to manage our IT resources, including infrastructure management and business continuity;
- and, for staff training purposes.
We only process personal data if:
- we have obtained your prior consent;
- the processing is necessary to comply with our legal or regulatory obligations;
- the processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the relevant individual or of another natural person; or
- the processing is necessary for the legitimate interests of TDM and does not unduly affect your interests or fundamental rights and freedoms. Please note that, when processing your personal data on this basis, we seek to maintain a balance between our legitimate interests and your privacy.
3. The legitimate interests we refer to in section 2 above include:
- to meet our obligations to account to our investors and stakeholders (E.G. By providing them with statistical information on the number of schools and individuals who participate in the programme);
- partnering with implementation partners in foreign territories to further grow the TDM implementation;
- and, marketing and promoting the TDM programme across the world, through websites and social media.
4. The right to withdraw consent
You have the right to withdraw your consent where TDM has obtained your consent to process personal data. To action your withdrawal rights, please contact [email protected].
5. The period for which data will be stored or the criteria used to determine this period
Due to the nature of TDM, a school-wide healthy lifestyle implementation programme, we will continue to securely store personal data for a period of 10 years, or until such a time as consent is withdrawn. Due to the complex nature of school systems and the re-shuffling of staff, TDM understands that schools may wish to update their personal data from time-to-time. To do so, please contact us at [email protected].
6. You have a right to access your personal data processed by TDM
If you believe any data we hold about you is incorrect or incomplete, you may also request the correction of that information.
You also have the right to:
- request the erasure of your personal data;
- request the restriction of the processing of your personal data;
- withdraw your consent where TDM has obtained your consent to process personal data (without this withdrawal affecting the lawfulness of processing prior to the withdrawal);
- request that your data is ported to you or a third party in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format,
and TDM will honour such requests, withdrawal or objection as required under applicable data protection rules.
In addition, you also have the right to:
- object to the processing of your personal data for direct marketing purposes; or
- object to the processing of your personal data for other purposes in certain cases where TDM processes your personal data on another legal basis than your consent.
7. The right to complain to a supervisory authority
If you are not satisfied with how TDM processes your personal data, please let us know and we will investigate your concern/s. If you are not satisfied with our response, you have the right to make a complaint to the data protection authority in the jurisdiction where you live or work, or in the place where you think an issue in relation to your data has arisen.